Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Surfin' Safari



The endless summer was re-enacted northwest style this summer...6 weekends of heading south of the border (well one was to tofino...) for cheap beer, weird groceries and more good times than you could shake a stick at....oh yeah and the waves too. So somehow we learned to surf, sort of...I now am no longer super stoked just to get my feet on the board, have learned what "drop in" "closed out" and "ground swell" mean and am not afriad to paddle out past the break (if the waves are small ) . Future goals include surfing on a board that weighs less than 50 pounds, getting to my feet without using my elbows and knees and finding waves that are warm enough to not freeze my extremeties to usless lumps.

1 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As one of my assignments I'm supposed to participate in blogs. Good blog Heather! It's very bloggy! Also, I've saved some of your pictures for my own fun. Even ones that I wasn't there for. I'm about to go to a cafe and talk about the history of the book. Thus is the life of a librarians! Yay Heather's Blog!
Emily

 

Post a Comment

<< Home